Week 5 - Personal Branding

After doing the reading for this week on personal branding, I was able to gain a better understanding on what I should be looking for than doing an analysis on my own personal brand. Growing up in the age of social media, it was always ingrained in my brain how important it was to be conscious of what I post online. I always make sure that the content is a true reflection of myself, while maintaining professional profiles at the same time. The main platforms that I use to build my personal brand are Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Being creative online allows me to give a glimpse of what my personal branding is for others to see. 


Lately I have been focusing more on LinkedIn to build a personal brand that can help enhance my career. During my internship, there have been multiple events that I try to take note of on my account to build a portfolio. This way, I can look back at the past events I have worked on, and so can potential future employers. I'm hoping that using this as a tool will help different recruiters see my accomplishments. In the article we read this week, it is stated that LinkedIn is the most powerful business networking tool. If used correctly, it can lead to amazing career opportunities. Networking is a very important part of personal branding. You never know what a connection could help you do to further your career. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 - Preparing for Hootsuite Certification

Week Two - Top Skills

Week 13 - Freelancing