Week Seven - Hootsuite

This week, I was able to set up my student Hootsuite account and play around with the features. It was relatively easy to get set up. This is a great platform where I will be able to gain a lot of valuable information about social media and how it can be used effectively in business. Once I have gone through all of the lessons and trainings, I can take the exam to become certified. If I end up passing the exam, it will be a great certification to add to my resume, especially since social media marketing is the career path I would like to go into. 

After exploring on the website, I came across the Social Marketing Course tab. I briefly skimmed over the material that was presented, and found it to be very interesting. It covers topics such as social marketing basics, building an advocate community, and social content marketing. After looking in the course for a bit, I moved to look at the Hootsuite Platform Training. It provides many lessons on the basics of Hootsuite, so that you can become more familiar with it. 

After exploring the academy, I was able to set up my dashboard. The dashboard allows you to add your social media accounts, where you can see audience engagement, inbox, and analytics. So far, I only have my LinkedIn account connected. This platform seems like it would be very helpful for businesses to use to run their social media. They can schedule posts, and review different metrics that are important in social media marketing. I am excited to become more familiar with this platform, and to learn more about social media marketing. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 - Preparing for Hootsuite Certification

Week Two - Top Skills

Week 13 - Freelancing