Week 12 - Preparing for Hootsuite Certification

This week, I focused on going through the teachings in order to start preparing myself to take the Hootsuite certification exam. I have found the information they teach us to be very beneficial, and I think it will be useful for me in my future career. Being able to plan posts, see insights on social media posts, and keep tabs on all of my socials at once is a huge help. Keeping everything together makes it a lot easier to run multiple accounts. One thing I have learned from this course that I think is relevant and beneficial, is the idea of keeping the audience engaged. Businesses can advertise as much as they want, but if the audience is not engaging with their social media advertisements, they serve little to no purpose. 

Since I have not taken the certification exam, I went through the steps of adding the certification without actually doing it. Adding the certification section will allow me to show future employers what kinds of skills I am certified in. That way, once I pass the certification test, I will know exactly what I am doing. In terms of adding it to my resume, I think that I will end up changing my entire resume format around to include it. I have decided to add a special section on the resume that shows my certifications and skills in one place. That way, it stays organized and is appealing to recruiters who I will be interacting with in the future.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Two - Top Skills

Week 13 - Freelancing