Week 14 - Marketing Yourself

 Although I will not be graduating until May 2023, reading about what is in our best interest to exceed in a career post-graduation has been super helpful. I recently created a LinkedIn account over the summer, before this class started. I did not realize how vital of a tool this platform could be. Making connections with people could allow opportunities to open up for you that you might not have been offered without a presence on LinkedIn. The way I see it, LinkedIn is essentially a virtual resume that allows recruiters to see your experience and skills, to see if you are a good fit for their job. 

Even though I am not graduating, I have been more active on LinkedIn and looking for different job openings. It’s important to me to be able to see what the job market is like, as well as get a feel for what kind of position I want to look for when it comes time for me to graduate. Seeing the different skills that employers are looking for is also beneficial because it can allow me time to try and become efficient in that skill. I think that this is a good practice because I am able to get a feel for what the job search will be like once I am out of college. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 - Preparing for Hootsuite Certification

Week Two - Top Skills

Week 13 - Freelancing