Week Two - Introduction to AI

Having read Surfing the Tsunami last semester, I was interested to see what I would learn from reading it a second time. After reading Chapter 1, I was able to rediscover the basics of Artificial Intelligence. AI is already very prevalent in businesses, and it seems to be gaining more involvement as the years go on. It’s scary to think that even though artificial intelligence is a newer concept, that it could eventually be developed into mimicking human intelligence/experience. It makes me think about the future for business if computers replace humans in the workforce. 


When I first heard the term ‘artificial intelligence,’ I envisioned a human-like robot with a face and a body shaped like a human. After reading through chapter one, I realize that it’s more about machines taking on the tasks that humans would be doing at work. Automation in manufacturing is something that was frowned upon at first, but now it has simplified the process for many businesses and made mass production a lot more efficient. The creation of software and software robots has also simplified jobs that used to take a lot more time. It’s scary to think that these kinds of robots could be replacing jobs in our economy, but over time I think it is something that we will all adapt to. 


Artificial Intelligence (AI): a constantly developing concept | ToolsHero


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 - Preparing for Hootsuite Certification

Week Two - Top Skills

Week 13 - Freelancing