Week Four - SEO Audit

This week, I reviewed the graphic that Dr. Kelsey posted on performing site audits. It was a very interesting and valuable infographic that changed my perspective to view websites through the eyes of SEO. There are things on the list, such as checking social media profiles, and looking for duplication of content that I would not have thought about before. After reviewing this graphic, I went to a few of my frequent sites to try and do a SEO audit. Most of them seemed like they checked all the boxes, and it was an interesting experience to see it through different eyes. I did some further research on how to do an SEO audit, and found lots of useful resources. 


There are certain websites where you can pay to have someone audit your website. I also read a blog post about certain tips that provided valuable information on how to perform an audit successfully. In the blog post, one item that it mentioned was about how it is important to make sure that there is an HTML code that provides the title of the page. This is obviously important for when using a search engine, so that your website can be ranked when someone searches that specifically. Without this, it would be hard for your website to come on google. Overall, learning about how to perform an SEO audit was fascinating and I learned a lot.  


Here is the link to the blog post mentioned: https://neilpatel.com/blog/technical-seo-site-audit/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 - Preparing for Hootsuite Certification

Week Two - Top Skills

Week 13 - Freelancing