Week Six - Personalized SEO

This week, we focused on our personal SEO. I have always been told by family and teachers to make sure that I would not post anything on social media that I wouldn’t want a future employer to see. It’s important to make sure that whatever is posted online is appropriate and doesn’t reflect poorly on you. I usually google my name every few weeks just to see what pops up to make sure that everything looks good and is an accurate reflection of myself. After reading the survey on how companies refused to hire a candidate over something on their social media is unnerving and makes me want to be sure that everything I am posting is okay.


When I google myself, the first thing that comes up is my LinkedIn. Next is the Benedictine Women’s Golf roster since I am on the team. Followed by that, is my Instagram and Facebook. After reading that article I chose to make my Instagram account private so that only select people can view it. I also chose to delete a few pictures that I thought were not the best representation of myself. This assignment was very helpful because it is dealing with something that is important to our futures. I will remember to do this regularly to ensure that my presence online is appropriate.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 - Preparing for Hootsuite Certification

Week Two - Top Skills

Week 13 - Freelancing